Energy is the ability to do work or get work done. Energy is used to lift things, to heat up our food, give us light, power the car and generators etc. A machine is an energy changer. It changes one form of energy into another more useful form. Something only happens when energy is changed from one form to another form. This enables energy to be used to do work.
Table of Contents
Energy is the fundamental need of our everyday life, So much so, that the quality of life and even its Sustenance is dependent on the availability of energy. Energy is everywhere around us and it takes different forms.
FORMS OF ENERGY
- Mechanical energy
- Chemical energy
- Electrical energy
- Heat energy
- Light energy
- Solar energy
- Sound energy
SOURCES OF ENERGY
- Mechanical energy- Human body, wind.
- Chemical energy- Food, batteries, kerosene, petrol, coal, etc
- Electrical energy- Electricity, generators, hydropower, power energy plants.
- Heat energy- sun, fire.
- Light energy- sun, torchlight, lamps.
- Solar energy- sun.
- Sound energy- Musical instrument, human voice, vehicles.
USES OF ENERGY
- It is used for boiling water and cooking food
- It is used for producing light.
- It is used for entertainment, broadcast, and television.
- It is used for preserving food or drink.
- It is used to power our electronic and machines.
- It is used for decoration and advertisement.
- It is used for food storage.
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
1.The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the new topic.
- The Teacher explains the note in details.
- The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
- The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
1 . Define energy
2. List the forms of energy
- State five (5) uses of energy
- Give at least 2 sources of energy with types