Shapes can be flat and 2-dimensional, like a rectangle or a triangle. However, shape construction is the making of 3-dimensional shapes such as cylinder, cone, funnel, box, etc. using paper. Materials can be reshaped. There are different methods used in shape construction such as: folding and bending. The various materials used in shape construction will determine the type of method that will be used. The concept of shape construction will enable pupils identify and organize visual information.
Table of Contents
MATERIALS USED FOR SHAPE CONSTRUCTION
SHAPE CONSTRUCTION METHOD
There different method of shape construction and they include the following:
SHAPE CONSTRUCTION WITH WOOD
SHAPE CONSTRUCTION WITH PAPER
SHAPE CONSTRUCTION WITH METAL
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
1.The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the new topic.
- The Teacher explains the note in details.
- The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
- The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
1 .State the meaning of shape construction.
- List the materials used for shape construction
- Identify and state tools used in shape construction.
- Define shape construction
2 .list three tools and materials used for shape constructions.