CREATING A WORD DOCUMENT
Click on the start icon to display the start icon to display the start menu and then click on the Microsoft word icon. The program gives you an empty one to type.
Table of Contents
HOW TO SAVE A DOCUMENT
- Start a new document in word and type your text.
- Click file in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- From the menu, choose save as.
- A ‘Save As’ dialogue box will come up. It will show the folder where you will be saving.
- Type in the name of your document and click save.
NOTE: You can also save your document using the shortcut “Ctrl S”
Documents can be saved in different file formats depending on what purpose you intend to use it for. Click on the down arrow to the right save in section of the dialog box, which will display a drop down menu, choose the file format you want for your document. File formats include HTML, PDF, RTF etc.
OPENING MS WORD DOCUMENT
- On the menu bar, click file and then click open icon.
- Click the folder and the file you want to open.
- Click the file.
- Click open.
- Highlight steps in loading word document.
- Explain how to create ms word document.
- Highlight how to save a new document in ms word.
- List two types of document format.
- File option is always in the……… hand corner of the screen. A. left hand B. right hand C. middle hand D. none
- A ‘save’ dialogue box will come up when you click ___ A. edit B. save C. Open D. A and B
- All except one are examples of text editor. A. Edit B. Simple Text C. Both A and B D. None
- Word processor includes all except ___ A. word perfect B. word Corel C. word star
- loco script
- The last step when saving a document is —- A. click open B. click on save C. rename your folder D. C and B
- Highlight how to create a word document.
- How do you save your document in a different format?