This is the way we relax our body and brain after the day’s work.
Table of Contents
This is the best form of rest that helps the body and brain to rest well. After the rest, they will have enough strength to work properly.
Ways to rest
We can rest by playing games like:
- Snakes and ladders
- Whot and other card games
- Others ways: You may also sit down and relax or lie down on your bed and listen to music. We can also rest by sleeping. After you sleep well, the body works properly.
Best conditions for sleeping
We need beds or mats in å well-ventilated bedroom.
- Beds are made to sleep on for convenience, and they have mattresses made of foam. You relax better on å bed than on å mat.
- Å mat is å locally made material for sleeping. It spreads flat on the ground.
- Å bedroom is meant for sleeping without disturbance. It should be well ventilated.
- Å well-ventilated room is å room where enough air comes in and goes out, so there is no heat.
We need å lot of sleep to be healthy. After the day’s work, we need to sleep at night. We gain back our energy after the day’s work by having enough sleep at night.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Rest and sleep”
Step III: Teacher lists and explains the various conditions for having a good sleep
Step IV: Pupils contribute and ask questions.
Step V: Pupils copy the note and submit for marking.
- Define rest and sleep
- Mention three games we can play as a means of resting.
- State three conditions needed for a good sleep