RUN AND FELL SEAM
This is a strong seam. The seam is flat and the easiest seam among the seam to launder.
Table of Contents
- Cut the material and place together with the right and side facing matching balance marks.
- Place the Machine stitch along fitting line
- Remove task and press
- Tread seam allowances of one edge longer than the other
- Fold the longer edge over the lesser edge, press fold edge after tacking
- Hem neatly either by hand or machine
- Remove task and press.
French seam: The seam is strong and self neaten, it launders well. It is used on fine fabrics only.
- Cut the material and place wrong side together
- Pick and tack through fitting line.
- Machine stitch outside the fitting line
- Press turning open and tream the raw edges.
- Turn the seam to the right side of the materials facing each other.
- Push the seam up with thumb and fore fingers of both hands and stitch.
- Remove tacking, press stitches and press seam.
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
STEP I; The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
STEPII: The Teacher introduces the new topic.
STEP III: The Teacher explains the note in details.
STEPIV: The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
STEPV: The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- Define run and fell seam
- List the method of making run and fell seam
- Define French seam
- List the method of French seam
List some method of making run and fell seam