Loop stitch is a fun and effective way to finish blankets, cushions etc
Table of Contents
- Hold the edge towards the worker and work the stitch from left to right.
- Place the needle into the right side of the material.
- Pass the single thread of cotton which comes from the material under the point of the needle
From left to right
- Draw the needle through so that a loop lies along the edge of the cloth.
- Display of some simple decorative stitches on brown paper.
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
STEP I: The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
STEPII: The Teacher introduces the new topic.
STEP III: The Teacher explains the note in details.
STEPIV: The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
STEPV: The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- Know how to make a loop stitches or blankets stitches
- Display of some simple decorative stitches on paper
Explain how to make loop stitches.