|A computer is a special multi-purpose electronic device (Machine) that is capable of receiving instruction (data), storing and processing it and giving a desire result as output accurately at an incredibly high speed.
Table of Contents
The computer as a system is made up of the following:
Refers to the physical units or components, which make up the computer configuration.
The software refers to the programmes which are processed by the Hardware. A program is a sequence of instruction that is carried out by the Hardware to solve given problems or to perform given tasks.
CHARACTERISTICS OF COMPUTER
The characteristics of computer are:
5. Storage and Retrieval of information
|Teacher asks the students the following questions:
1. Explain the meaning of computer
2. What is Hardware and Software
3. List and explain five characteristics of computer
Teacher summarizes the lesson and allow the students to answer question to clarify doubt.
1. What is a computer system?
2. Distinguish between the Hardware and software parts of a computer system.