A drug is a chemical substance which affects the action of the body.
Table of Contents
IMPORTANCE OF DRUG
- It saves life
- It relieves pain
- It relieve suffering
- It helps to fight against diseases
- It promotes food health.
This is the act of using drugs without the doctor’s advice and prescription.
This refers to the use of drugs for purpose for which it was not intended or using a drug excessively
It is a state in which a person physically or psychologically depends on a drug(s) for survival.
Causes of Drug Abuse
- Lack of Self-Confidence
- Peer Group Pressure
- Frustration and Stress
Side Effects of Drug Abuse
- It leads to bad behavior such as crime, violence and murder
- It can change the working of some of the body’s organs permanently
- It can damage the sense of reasoning
- It gradually damages the liver and other delicate organs in the body.
Sources of Drugs