Letter writing is an act of communicating information, feelings, ideas or opinions to somebody who is absent or resides in a distance. A letter should contain full details of the issue one is writing about in order to bring about the same reaction that would have occurred if the message contained in it had been a spoken one.
Types of letter writing
- Informal letter
- Semi formal letter
- Formal letter
An informal letter is also known as personal letter. These are letters written to a close relative, friends and close ones.
FORMAT OF INFORMAL LETTER
- Address of the writer and date: this must be well – punctuated. The address must appear on the top right hand corner of the page.
36, Adebayo Street,
Abule – Egba,
24th May, 2015.
Greeting/salutation: this is usually “Dear” plus the first name of the person you are writing to e.g. Dear Tolu, Dear John. This is so because informal letter must reflect the cordial relationship between the writer and the receiver.
Complimentary close: ‘Yours sincerely’: is the most appropriate. Followed by the writers first name. Example:
EVALUATION: write a letter to your father asking him to send you some money, give him three reason for your request.
ASSIGNMENT: Write a letter to your friend living outside the country telling him/her three reasons why you like your school.
- informal letter format
- informal letter
- informal letter example
- informal letter greetings
- informal letter ending
- informal letter writing
- informal letter to friend
- informal letter generator
- informal letter meaning
- informal letter topics
- format of informal letter
- format of informal letter in hindi
- format of informal letter icse
- format of informal letter class 10
- format of informal letter class 8
- format of informal letter class 7
- format of informal letter cbse
- format of informal letter 2022
- format of informal letter class 9
- format of informal letter writing in english
CONSONANT CONTRAST /Z/ AND /S/