Transport or transportation is the movement of humans, animals and goods from one location to another.
Table of Contents
Transport in the older days
- Wooden rafts and boats (for river/lake/ ocean bodies).
- Carts with wheel dragged by domesticated animals like horses, buffaloes, bulls etc.
- Sledges in the snow covered areas driven by dogs.
- Camelback riding in desert areas.
- Horseback riding was most commonly used in the world for long distance (as well as route (travelling).
Modern means of Transportation
- Roadways Transportation.
- Railways Transportation.
- Water Transportation.
- Air Transportation.
- Pipelines Transportation.
Advantages of modern means of transportation
- It is economical mode for transporting heavy loads and even cargo.
- It is the safest mode which provides convenience to the people without accidents.
- Cost of construction and maintenance is very low.
- It even provides international transport