Drugs are substances that are taken into the body to cure diseases or illnesses. They are given to sick people by a doctor or nurse to make them feel better. Drugs can be taken through the mouth or injected into the body.
Table of Contents
Types of drugs
Drugs may be liquid or solid.
- Liquid drugs are called syrup.
- Solid drugs are called tablets, caplets or capsules.
Examples of drugs include:- panadol, paracetamol, penicillin, aspirin, neofylin etc.
Benefits of drugs to our body
Drugs can be used for the following benefits:
- We take drugs to cure diseases and illnesses.
- We also take drugs to protect us from sickness or diseases. An example of such a drug is the polio vaccine.
- We take drug to improve our health.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic ” What is drug?”
Step III: Teacher explains the meaning of drug.
Step IV: Teacher mentions types and examples of drugs
Step V: Teacher explains the benefits of drugs
Step VI: Pupils contribute and ask questions
- Substances taken into the body to cure illnesses are called __________. A Lipton B drugs C milk
2 Drugs can be taken through the mouth or _________________. A the skin B the nose C both of the above
- Drugs may be liquid or _____________.A sticky B solid C gummy
- We take drugs to ______________________. A. fill hunger B cure illnesses C acquire sickness
- Drugs are given to people who are ________________________.
- Mention two benefits of drugs