DUTIES AND OBLIGATION OF CITIZENS TO GOVERNMENT
- Respect the head of state and other authorities
- Hospitality to visitors
- Exercise of voting right
- Protection and care for public property
- Respect or loyalty to national symbols.
- Stay informed of the issues affecting your community.
- Respects the rights, beliefs and opinion of others
- Defend the country if the need should arise
- Support government programs
- Serve a jury when call upon.
- Pay taxes
- Participate in your local community.
Table of Contents
CONSEQUENCES OF CITIZEN FAILING TO PERFORM THER DUTIES AND OBLIGATION
- Lack of orderliness in the state
- Arrest by the government in authority when laws are broken
- Lead to lawlessness
- State of oppression of the citizens by the government when they do not speak
- Lack of development in the state.
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
The Teacher introduces the new topic.
The Teacher explains the note in details.
The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- State the meaning of obligations and duties.
- Identify the duties of pupils in the school
- List the duties of children in a family
- Mention 5 duties and obligation of government to the citizens.