A Duty is what you owe to your fellow human as a fact of nature. Duty is what one must do either because of one’s job or because one thinks it’s right. In case of our duty to the government, it is mandatory for one to perform such to the state. An obligation is what has been imposed by contract or custom.
Table of Contents
Obligation and duties are what government expects of the citizens to have a developed nation.
Some of the obligations and duties include:
- Proper use of amenities
- Payment of taxes
- Exercise of individual vote during election
- Support government programs.
DUTIES OF PUPILS IN A SCHOOL
- Respect the teachers, staff and prefect
- Obey the rules and regulations in school
- Care for the school properties
- Be serious and hardworking in school
- Be humble
DUTIES OF CHILDREN IN THE FAMILY
- Respect for elders
- Obedience to parents and elders
- Care for young ones
- Running errands for parent
- Be committed to doing house chores like washing, cooking, cleaning, sweeping.
- Behaving well in the society
- Care for properties at home and in public places
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
The Teacher introduces the new topic.
The Teacher explains the note in details.
The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- State the meaning of obligations and duties.
- Identify the duties of pupils in the school
- List the duties of children in a family
- Write 4 obligations and duties of a citizen to government
- Mention 5 duties of pupils in a school