The operational tools are as follows:
Table of Contents
The toolbox provides you with operational tools. The basic categories of tools are:
- Utility Tools
- Diagramming Objects
- Interactive Tools
- Painting Tools
The Pick Tool
- For selecting objects.
- For moving, sizing, rotating and skewing object.
The Shape Tool
- For editing the shapes of the diagramming object and text.
- The shape fly-out give access to knife tool, eraser tool, Free Transform tools.
The Zoom Tool
- For changing views.
- The zoom fly-out gives you access to the Panning tool.
The Freehand Tool
- For drawing straight lines, curves.
- For auto-tracking a bitmap images.
- The freehand fly-out gives you access to the Bezier (curve) tool; Natural Pen tool; Dimension line tool and connector line tool.
- For drawing rectangles and squares
- For drawing ellipse and circles.
The polygon Tool
- For drawing multi-sided shapes like stars or polygons.
- The polygon fly-out gives access to the spiral tool and Graph paper tool.
The Text tool
- For placing Artistic text and paragraph text.
Interactive fill Tool
- For placing various fills on the page interactively.
Interactive Transparency Tool
- For creating transparent effects interactively.
Interactive Blend tool
- The interactive Blend fly-out gives you access to the new distorted tool; Interactive envelop; Extrude and Drop shadow tools.
- For setting outline thickness and color.
- For creating line ending attributes.
- For creating calligraphic effect.
- For applying dash line patterns.
- For setting fill colors and screens.
- For creating fountain fill.
- For applying pattern tile fills.
- For applying texture fills.
- For applying special PostScript fills.
- What is the function of the shape tool?
- Differentiate between a fill tool and an outline tool
- List the categories of a toolbox
- Explain four functions of any tool in the tool box
Instruction: Choose the correct option from the ones lettered A to D
- Which of these is not a category for a tool box? (a) diagrammatic (b) interactive
(c) utility(d) shaping
- Which of these is not a utility tool? (a) pick tool(b) zoom tool(c) shape tool(d) outline tool
- Which of these is not diagramming object tool?(a) freehand tool (b) polygon tool (c) text tool (d) fill tool
- ___ tool is used for placing various fills on a page interactively(a) interactive fill
(b) interactive transparency(c) interactive blend(d) fill
- ___ tool is used for setting outline thickness and colour(a) outline (b) fill
(c) transparency(d) interactive
- List 10 tools that you can find in the tool box.
- Explain the functions of 5 tools mentioned above.