Self – reliance is to be financially and economically independent by controlling one’s talent and skills earn income.
Self – reliance to a nation means controlling and using the National resources of the nation to achieve sustenable development rather than depending solving on the countries.
A self – reliant person is not a burden to his society rather he is a problem solve. Instead of looking for jobs, he reduces employment by providing jobs for others joining the band wagons of people climbing out of the ‘hole’ recession globally.
ATTRIBUTES OF SELF RELIANCE
- Uses of Initiative: individual with the ability to think of what to do for himself financially independent is self-reliant. He will not depend on other for employment
- Use of Talents and skills: being self-reliant includes using what one has to do to get what one need one must identify one’s skills and talents and control them for profit optimum.
- Diligence financial independence: requires hard work as you eat only what you work for this is diligence.
- Endurance and perseverance: usually at the beginning of a venture or business thing may not be rosy initially but with time situation will change for better.
Gread industrials nations like China and Britain preserved hardstrops before and today they are great economically.
BENEFITS OF SELF-RELIANCE
BENEFITS TO INDIVIDUAL:
- Self – reliance has benefits to an individual to the family and to the nation.
- It makes him to be independent if he is self-reliant he needs nobody to set a job.
- Provides him time for his family: a self-reliant individual has power over the number of hours he works a day unlike those working for someone else. He has enough time to interact with his family.
- Enjoy privacy: he may not disclose any information about his business to anybody.
- Decision making is easy: he does not need to consult anybody to make decisions on his business. It makes decision making faster and easier.
- Enjoy all his profits alone: a self employed person does not need to share his profit with anyone. He therefore puts in his heat to have more profit.
- Daily income: a self reliant person does not need to wait for the month to end like a salary earner before meeting his needs as he makes money almost daily.
- Ability to plan effectively: planning and formulation of business policies are always easy. It helps in smooth running of the business.
BENEFITS TO THE FAMILY
- More time for the children: self reliant parents will have enough time for their children. This help in building a good home.
- Improving standard of living: it help families increase their income. Therefore they will have enough to meet the basic needs of life.
BENEFITS OF THE NATION
- It reduces the level of unemployment: owners of personal business will employ other people looking for jobs. This will go a long way in reducing unemployment.
- Increase in economic growth and development: Self-reliance increase the role of production in the country thereby increasing the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). As people establish personal business, increase economic activities will lead to economic growth and development.
- Increase in government revenue: tax paid or profit made by individuals business and on the salary of their employee increase government revenue. The more people are self reliant, the more revenue government generator.
- Reduces frustration and poverty: joblessness has frustrated many youths like these that are able to harness their skills will not be frustrated but rather be happy as they cater for themselves and their families.
- Reduces social vices: self reliance with diligence makes a person too busy to have time for social vices like hooligan, armed robbery, prostitution, fraud (419), since they are gainfully developed.
- Increase in standard of living: one that has employed other people is indirectly boosting their standard of living with the salary he pays them. The employee will be able to pay house rents, eat good food and meet other needs. The employer who is self reliant earns good income to take care of himself and family meeting the basic needs conveniently.
Describe the benefits of self-reliance
FACTORS THAT PROMOTES COOPERATION
FACTOR THAT PROMOTES GOOD VALUES SYSTEMS