This is the quality of being untruthful in words and actions while dealing with others or yourself. It is exhibited in all terms of examination malpractice lying to others particularly about money, misuse of school, government or organization funds and so on.
CONSEQUENCES OF DISHONESTY
- Lack of competent professionals: professional such as medical doctors, teachers and lawyers who get their certificate through dubious means will be incompetent professionals as they might have cheated in examination.
- Low standard education: the standard of education has been compromised by incompetent educationists who assure students who would have read well and prepare well for examination for ‘help’. Such teacher must have gotten has certificate through dubious means.
- Hardship: the embezzlement of money meant to provide basic amenities will cause untold hardship on citizens due to some people’s dishonesty.
- Frustration and poverty: some people cannot suicide and die prematurely when defrauded through advance fee fraud also known as ‘419’. Many businesses have collapsed and owners frustrated and impoverished as result of some people’s dishonesty.
- Untimely death of innocent citizens: due to the incompetence of half-baked professionals like the doctors or pharmacist wrong medical prescription has led to the death of innocent patient.
- Election of corrupt leaders: electoral malpractice enthrones wrong persons in offices. Such people will embezzle government treasury and not fulfil his promises to the electorate.
- Dent’s the nation’s image: foreigners assure that all Nigerians are dishonest as they hear of and see certificate forgery, duping and other retailers activities being committed by Nigerians. They therefore are not willing to respect business with Nigerians
- Explain the meaning of Dishonesty