Nominalization is the changing of a part of speech into a noun by the addition of a suffix
- Non-Restrictive Clause: In the non-restrictive, th clause provides additional information to the subject and is marked with commas.
- The young lawer, who is 25, gave the closing remark.
- The house, which has been renovated, looks very new.
- The book, about which so much has been said, is not interesting.
- The principal, who I told you about, is a sadist.
- My brother, who lives in Abuja, visited me last week.
Hints on writing essays in the examination
Every type of writing demands distinctive style and approach. Candidates are expected to be able to write the following kinds of essays; narrative, descriptive expository argumentative.
Hints on Essay Writing
- Treat as many ideas in relations to the topics as can be discussed within the time allowed.
- Even though the ideas may be old, they should be presented in a new perspective in view of human development, and in an orderly manner.
- The language used in writing should be appropriate and clear to the reader.
- Due emphasis should be placed on correctness of language.
- There should be neither bias nor overzealousness in the writing.
- Keep within the time allocated for the essay.