Poetry refers in totality to the deployment of certain devices such as figure as figures of speech (emotion), rhyme and rhythm, stanzaic divisions, metre, subject matter in a body of words in order to express an idea.
- Imagery: this refers to the selective and effective use of words to create pictorial impression in the imagination of the reader.
- Stanza: It is a collection of verses to form a section of the poem
- Rhythm: It is the measured flow of words and phrases in poetry.
- Rhyme: It is the sameness of sounds between words in poetry.
Write a poem, using the listed features
- Effective English, book 1. Page 133. Practice.
- Write a letter of complaints to your school authority