Maracas is known as shekere in Yoruba land. It is one of the major instruments mainly used when performing a musical concert.
Table of Contents
The following are materials needed for making maracas at home
- Plastic egg
- Two plastic spoons
Procedure for making maracas
- Pour rice into an empty plastic egg and close the egg.
- Tape around the seam of the egg.
- Place the egg between the heads of two plastic spoons, and wrap tape around it to hold the spoons in place.
- Tape the handles of the two spoons to hold them together.
- Shake your homemade maracas
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Making of maracas”
Step III: Teacher lists and explains the materials needed for making maracas
Step IV: Teacher explains the procedure for making maracas
Step V: Pupils copy the note and submit for marking
- In Yoruba land maracas is called ________
- List two materials needed for making maracas.
Conclusion: Teacher concludes the lesson by evaluating the students and gives an assignment
- List three steps for making maracas