Consequences of Large Family Size on the Quality of Individual Lives
The large size of a family affects the quality of life of the individual in the following ways:
Table of Contents
- The members may be malnourished, that is they may not be able to feed well.
- There is tendency of fighting with one another in a big family.
- Access to good and qualitative education might not be possible because of shortage in family resources.
- There will be jealousy and envy in the large family.
- Many members of large family grow up in hostile environment.
- Room occupancy ratio will be high in a large family. Over population per room might occur.
Consequences of Large Family Size on the National Economy
The size of a large family affects the national economy in the following ways:
- A large family size will spend most of the income on food. Therefore it will affect the savings of that family. When savings is affected, it will reduce investments.
- A large family size will bring about overuse of public facilities.
- It will also increase government expenses on the provision of amenities.
- It can bring about overuse of land resources which will definitely affect the economy of the nation.
- It brings about increase in crime rate because of care for a large population.
Consequences of Small Family Size on the Quality of Individual Lives
A small family size would have the following consequences on the quality of life of the individual members of the family:
- The death of the parent adversely affects the members of the family.
- The income of the family will be low because it is the parents that provide for the family. It will affect the quality of lives of members of the small sized family.
Consequences of Small Family Size on the Economy
A small family size would have the following consequences on the economy of the nation:
- It may bring about the under-utilization of economic resources.
- A small family size may not be able to have more people that will vote during election.
- Small family size will produce inadequate labour force which will be smaller than that of a larger family.
- It brings about low output because of its small nature.
- It will have wastage of output. In case the family produces more than it can consume, it will be wasted or given out to those that do not labour with them. This is because the family is small.
- What are the consequences of family size on the quality of individual lives?
- What are the consequences of family size on the national economy?
- What are the general advantages of a small family size?