There are two types of family. These are:
Table of Contents
(i) Nuclear family
(ii) Extended Family
A nuclear family consists of father, mother and their children
Members of an extended family are:
(vii) The brothers of our father and mother are called uncles.
(viii) The sisters of our father and mother are called aunts.
(ix) The children of our uncles and aunties are called cousins.
- Who are the people in the picture?
- Mention five things about the people in the picture.
- Mention the two types of family that you know.
- What type of family consists of father, mother and their children?
- What is the name of your uncle?
- Tell the class the names of your aunts and uncles.
- Find out from home members of your extended family.
Qualities of a Good Family
The qualities of a good family are:
- Helping Others
Other qualities of a good family
(iv) Having interest of others.
- Mention one quality of a good family.
- Who are the people that make up an extended family?
- Who are the people that make up a nuclear family?
- Find out from your father and mother the type of family they were born into.
- Tell the class why it is good to be obedient.
- Ask your father how you should live with others.
- Tell your friend what you do to help your parents at home.
- Tell the class what a good child should do in the morning immediately he or she wakes up.
Roles of Members of the Family
The father provides food for the family.
- What do you do at home in the morning before going to school?
- What do you do at home after school?
- What do you do at home during weekends?
- In what ways do you help your mother at home?
- Take a broom every morning. Use it to sweep the living room of your ouse before going to school.
- Help your father to wash his car before going to school.
- Wash your school uniforms every weekend.
- Take a cutlass to cut the grass around your house.
- Ask your friend what he or she does at home to help his or her parents.
- Ask your mother what you should do in the house to help her.
Interrelationship among Roles of Family Members
Every member of the family does one thing or the other to help one another. Sometimes, father helps mother in the kitchen. He helps mother to take care of the baby. Children also help their mother to cook and clean the house.
- What do you do to help your parents at home?
- What should a girl do to help her mother before going to school every morning?
- What should a boy do to help his father before going to school every morning?
- What should children do to help their parents before going to bed every night?
- Tell the class what you do every morning to help your parents before coming to school.
- Clean the louvers of your house when they are dirty.
- Sweep the living room when they are dirty.
- Mention five things you do at home to help your parents’ every day.
- Tell the class why it is necessary to help our parents at home.
- Ask your father or mother why it is important to help the family