The simple past is used to talk about a completed action in a time before now. We can sentence with past tense to express completed action in the past e.g.
- She washed her.
- I saw a movie yesterday.
Used to express a series of completed actions.
- I finished work, walked to the beach, and found a nice place to swim
- He arrived from the airport at 8:00, checked into the hotel at 9:00, and met the others at 10:00.
EVALUATION: Underline the verbs in the following sentences.
- I studied French when I was a child
- They never went to school, they always skipped class
- When I paid her one dollar, she answered my question.
ASSIGNMENT: Explain the past tense form of a verb.