The followings are some of the conditions for marriage
Table of Contents
- Physical Maturity
- Psychological Maturity
- Sociological Stability
- Financial Readiness
Importance of Marriage in the Society
- Reduces immoral practices in the Society: – Marriage reduces in discriminable sexual relationship. It provides the couples the opportunity to satisfy themselves sexually.
- It determines family members: – Through marriage family is establishes. The man, his wife and their children makes a family.
- It gives couples respects and Recognition: A married man or woman is seen as a responsible person. Greater respect are given by the society to those who are married.
- Helps in preserving Social Values Beliefs and Culture: – Marriage produces family provides medium through which societal values are passed to the next generation through the process of socialization.
Problems and Challenges in Marriage
- Unfaithfulness: – Couples must be faithful to their marital vows. Extra-marital affair is a form of unfaithfulness that has scattered many homes.
- Infertility: – This causes childless in the family. Except there is strong marital understanding between the couples. This could destroy a happy home.
- Absence of male children: – some families have broken not because of bareness but absence of a male child. This happens in families who recognize and value male children more than female.
- Communication Gap: This brings disaffection in home.
- Intruders Activities: – where couples allow parents, in laws and friends to interfere in their family issues, they are likely to run into trouble.
- Lack of respect and love for each other:- When couples fail to respect themselves this will create a lot of problems in the home.
Effect of Lack of readiness on marriage Relationship
- Constant Misunderstanding
- Problematic Children
- Separation or divorce
Solution to Challenges in Marriage.
- Demonstration of True Love
- Maturity and Openness in Financial matters.
- Respect and Co-operation
- Resist third party Influence.
- There should be time for communication
- Readiness to accommodate each other’s weaknesses
- How can problems in marriage be resolved?
- Mention three effects of lack of readiness on marriage relationship
- Explain four importance of marriage in the society.