TYPES OF VALUES
Honesty means the quality of being truthful, honest and treating people fairly and sincerely
Table of Contents
The attributes of honestly
- The act of saying the truth and not telling lies or being biased.
- Respecting oneself and performing one’s job according to laid down rules.
- Being reliable and dependable
- Being obedient and faithful
- Hard work and commitment to one’s work.
- Being open, friendly and frank with people without any selfish interest.
Benefits of Honestly
- Honest people easily get favour or assistance from other people
- They are often given position of responsibility since they are truthful.
- They are often recognized and protected from attacks of evil people.
- A honest person gets peoples patronage as they know he would treat them fairly and sincerely.
Consequences of Dishonestly
- Dishonestly attracts distrust. People withdraw from dishonest people and this affects societal progress and development.
- A dishonest person would not be respected by other people. He would be associated with things that are evil.
- Dishonesty can lead to cheating, malpractices and the act of committing (criminal act) crimes or offences such as stealing, robbery, fraud and so on.
- Dishonesty can cause disharmony in the society as justice would be denied
- Dishonesty can lead to corruption and bribery which affects the social development of the people.
- Define honesty
- State the qualities of honesty
- What are the benefits of honesty in our society
- Mention the consequences of dishonesty in our society